Wednesday, January 28, 2015

This Summer Written in Music brings a lengthy special on the bossa nova, samba alongside the most p


This Summer Written in Music brings a lengthy special on the bossa nova, samba alongside the most popular music from Brazil. Which cultural and social environment created bossa nova and the songwriters and musicians made this remarkable musical movement of the late 50's world famous? This week, in Part 12: Interview with Marcos Valle (2008)
Marcos Valle is one of the Brazilian musicians who put on the music map map in the 60's magnolia bakery and 70 worldwide bossa nova. Especially with his acclaimed album Samba 68. The man was with his blonde hair, toned appearance, are always beautiful girlfriends and successful rich musical life called the beach boy or surfdude of the bossa nova. After a very successful comeback to the music front since the late 90s, after a long period of being away, and a compilation Carioca Soul, which gives a nice overview of songs from what he has made over the last 10 years for the British Far Out label, it was in 2008, time to be with the man his career by walking and can make an update of the things he is doing. A great opportunity magnolia bakery arose after it became known that he would act on the 50 Years of Bossa Nova concert at the Barbican in London in 2008.
An appointment with Marcos Valle seemed so easy to arrange. I had the record label got his address and got in touch with him. As the only concert magnolia bakery on Monday night was going to take place and I would have been all weekend in London, plenty of time to arrange something. He turned out Saturday to arrive from Rio and wild alike agree that evening. He would provide the entire bossa company magnolia bakery 50 years to practice the following Sunday edition for the concert. So good plan and the address of his hotel was given to seal the deal. Inquiring about a taxi driver about the address, already on the Friday night, of course, had me a bell should be ringing. I would first have to Victoria Station and then a piece by train to get to the hotel in East Croyden. magnolia bakery But only when I was already in the Saturday night train and hit the owner of the record label in conversation and that he wondered whether Marcos surprised than in a very different hotel slept like the others were all ringing magnolia bakery bells. "... Well, if I had sat in that train, I'll magnolia bakery see if it was there .. '.
Of course not, as it turned magnolia bakery out after 15 minutes when I walked through that neighborhood. Only offices magnolia bakery and luxury hotels where many tourists find themselves wishing for a song to London ... Awful neighborhood that East Croyden, where nothing is to be done. Right back on the train to downtown London Kings Cross to find the hotel where other artists would stay. Also showed Marcos as being there when I inquired at reception. After Marcos had gotten on the phone and I proved asked him about the address he gave me the address of the organization that the 50 Years of Bossa Nova evening organized .... Anyway ... a half hour later than planned, we could finally shake each other's hands, especially to drink a good beer and finally let the interview begin.
WIM: It's a bizarre given that London is the only place in Europe where a 50th anniversary concert for bossanova given seems to be. Since you're right actually, magnolia bakery I had been thinking about that yet so I really magnolia bakery only like the rest of my agenda magnolia bakery for this year watch it right. In Brazil we celebrate the 50th anniversary Besides optimally with lots of parties and festivals. And all old and younger bossa nova artists come there also occur if they are just now live in Brazil or elsewhere. magnolia bakery It all feels very well.
WIM: Maybe strange to say, but of course you all that crazy even when sitting there. Your career has just been in recent years an enormous pendulum through your albums for the British record label Far Out Recordings, after you seemed to disappear altogether. (..lacht ..) I get that a lot to hear yes, but of course I was not completely gone! The first part of my career, say until the mid-70s magnolia bakery had been very successful. And I was until the mid 80's still very much asked for performances that took me all over the world. Then it seemed just about equally. I then had the correct time again to be somewhat longer at home in Rio and I write to create music. Home everyone knew to find me right again so I got one after another command. So I have at that time a lot of music for telenovella's (the South American version of the soap operas but with a complete story which is told in a few weeks or months magnolia bakery and rounded) written and also the theme of the Brazilian Sesame Street. I was actually quite a lot of work. <

No comments:

Post a Comment